Think you’re ready for a new business venture? Consider the following questions and assess yourself ticking a Yes or No on the statements that best match your outlook.
- I often feel I’m the victim of outside force I cannot control Y N
- I use my initiative and I don’t need anyone to tell me what to do.
- I like to take charge and see things through.
- I am self-disciplined and I do not let things drift.
- Some days seem to go by without me having achieved a thing.
- There’s no point starting something unless you’re going to see it through.
- I do not give up even when the going gets tough.
- I am enthusiastic.
- I’m much happier not having to rely on other people.
- People often tell me how good I am at seeing things from their points of view.
- I can take advice.
- I tend not to be too ambitious to avoid being disappointed.
- I’ve never been one to follow the crowd.
- I have specific aims.
- What experience do you have of your proposed area of business?
- I’ll need new skills and further training and plan to go on training courses
- Ponder on your responses. Take remedial actions as appropriate, as this will go a long way in determining the success or otherwise of your proposed business venture.
- Last but not least, be clear from the start about your personal goals and those for your business. You have got to know exactly what you are doing and why you are doing it. If a business is to prosper, vision, drive, and passion are as vital as experience and acumen.
Miracle Ayanfe MBA. BSC. (Hons).